Configure Page List

Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Birthday to you!

 
A birthday card for DH!...Just love this stamp set and especially the little 'love flower' which has become another favourite of mine.  As I was fingering through my cardstock collection my fingers kept backtracking to this beautiful buttery yellow card which has a slightly lined texture to it if you zoom in; I so wanted to use it.  I wasn't out for a lot of colour and wanted to keep the card simple but get the message through.  The staz on black ink was a perfect choice to give the images the crispness to detail they deserved.  A quick snip around and the little cute squares were gently adhered with a SU dimension.  Addition of the sentitment and a few accessories and there you go!

As the card developed and finally came to an end it took me a while to decide whether or not I liked it.  At first I thought it looked a bit drab and lacking life, but the more I looked at it close up, from a distance and overnight, I have decided that I now love it and am very happy with the finished result do you do that? I hope you like the photo it was an experiment to try and make my images more interesting.

RECIPE:
Stamps:  Dreams du Jour set
Paper:  SU basic black, at-home:  buttery yellow and rustic textured cardstock.
Ink: Staz on black - TIP:  adhere a small glue dot to the top of the clear cover (between the staz on lid and clear cover) and the clear cover will pop off with the main lid every time.  Stops inky fingers!
Accessories:  12 mm black grosgrain ribbon
Tools:  Paper piercing tool for corners
Card size:  15 x 10.5 cm     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. Be sure to link your commment to your blogger profile or leave your email so I can reply to you.