Configure Page List

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Oh how good if feels to make a card after what feels like such a long time.

It's an exciting time for DH and me as our eldest son is celebrating his first Father's Day on Sunday. The cards are made using the SU Build-A-Roo stamp set which I love. The text on Mark's card (right) was done in MS Publisher using the WordArt feature.  I had intended typing Happy First Father's Day but didn't want to take the limelight away from his partner Amy.  My hubby's card uses one of the arched quote stamps - the set comes with a great assortment of extra stamps for versatility.

The colour of the cards is real red with a textured grey cardstock; I'm disappointed with the photo though as they look more orange than red, but believe me the colour combo looks great - zoom in on them and they'll almost jump out at you!

I stamped the image twice using Staz On Jet Black which always gives a crisp result, and then glued the top roo on but left the hands, ears, nose and tail end free.  The hearts are stamped onto real red and then snipped out and adhered with a SU dimension and then the finishing touches of the self adhesive red kaiser pearl and stay put bow - this link will show you a great tutorial on the stay put bow http://wannastamp.blogspot.com/2007/11/stay-put-bow-video-and-blog-candy.html

Thanks for taking a peep and I hope your Father's Day is a memorable one.....Take care and keep smiling, Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. Be sure to link your commment to your blogger profile or leave your email so I can reply to you.