Configure Page List

Monday, November 22, 2010

Birthday Blessings

Two postings in the one day, this will be a first...this card is for my mother-in-law for her 80th birthday.  It's another cased card by another favourite blogger No Time To Stamp; thanks Sharon.  She does some amazing cards and and has some great stuff to add to your wish list.  But I think her biggest favourite is her love of beautiful ribbons which are a delight to work with.  The one opposite is 1.25" Ivory pure silk and I used the large bow easy to make it.  If you zoom in you can see it is a double bow.

This was a large card (base 14 x 21 cm) due to the 'birthday blessings' sentiment (9 x8.5 cm) which was stamped in Night of Navy on Very Vanilla c/s.  The DSP is called Blue Awning and Sharon has the matching adhesive flowers which really do the card justice.  The little cut out in the top LH corner was a spellbinders die called Vintage Dies, there are 4 in the set and each are 2" x 2". I have been wanting to have a go at these for a while; they are excellent and to make it even better I purchased some time ago a little machine called a Xyron that turns them into stickers.  It takes cut outs up to 1.5" wide and you simply drop your cut out, right side up, down a little slot, pull on the tape at the other end and it draws your cut out through and places adhesive on the back of it....absolutely brillant for these fiddly little morsels.  I also had a go at using my new scallop trim punch too....just on the corners.  On the inside of the card I placed a strip of the blue poka dot DSP across the bottom, about 3cm in width, and placed in the centre of this a repeat of the spellbinder cut outs.  So yes as you can see I've had a great time in my little space of the house.

Thanks for dropping by, take care and keep smiling.....Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. Be sure to link your commment to your blogger profile or leave your email so I can reply to you.