Configure Page List

Friday, February 11, 2011

Millie's turned ONE!














Our gorgeous Grand-Daughter Millie has just turned ONE....oh how that brings back a flood of memories from our own children - and how quickly those years have gone by; we absolutely love being Grandparents and all that comes with it.

I had so much fun creating this card for Millie.  I wanted it to be pretty as well as a 'party' of colour.

The stamp is one by Penny Black and the range available is just gorgeous - for both little ones as well as grown ups!  I have some that will certainly have you laughing.

I tried my hand at water colouring and had a great time experimenting, sometimes holding my breath for fear of making a mess of it, but I am really happy with the end result.  The main cutout is raised with small foam dimensions to give it a slightly raised effect. You're never to young for diamonds, so to add a little pizazz I added some 'dazzling diamonds' to the edge of the cupcake icing.  Don't forget to click on the image to get a larger view and see the detail if you want.  It certainly helps when casing a card.

Unfortunately at the time of working on the card we were experiencing humid weather which played havoc with my cardstock, making it a little damp and can curl the edges. I ended up putting a book on the card to stop it from curling - that works but it also flattens everything and I'm not sure how to get around this problem.

The SU materials used in this card were:

Stamps:  For a Friend, Penny Black - Cheesecake Party No. 1665K
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla (card base), Lovely Lilac, Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise (butterfly) and the stamped image is on watercolour paper.  The DSP is from the Lap of Luxury range.
Bigshot:  Swiss Dots embossing folder, Top Note Die and Beautiful Wings Embosslits
Ribbon:  So Saffron 5/8" wide grosgrain
Punch:  Oval scallop extra large

Have fun and keep smiling....Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. Be sure to link your commment to your blogger profile or leave your email so I can reply to you.