Configure Page List

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sending Birthday Wishes your way....


This card was cased from a new blog I was fortunate enough to come across belonging to Chat, from Me, My Stamps and I. Chat creates some absolutely beautiful cards and I always look forward to viewing her blog to see what else has appeared.  I thank her for this one.  You can check out Chat's blog from my blog roll.

This is not the greatest photo, the white background makes the card look insipid....I'm working on increasing my photography skills...any tips would be welcomed....I have Photoshop Elements 3 that came with a scanner as bundled software.  I haven't had a need to learn how to use it, but now there is a definite reason, so I'm challenging myself to improve in that area.  I am waiting on a text - PS Elements 3 in a classroom to arrive....I purchased a used copy for $11AUS with the addition of around $5.50 postage .... fantastic - the supplier was http://www.fishpond.com.au/ and they have both new and used books depending on what you're after .... do you ever think to purchase good quality used books?  If you're a book worm I think they would save you heaps and sometimes come with the added surprise of little notes the previous purchaser has kindly left for you as tips.  Now back to my card....

As you are probably aware by now I love the bosskut butterfly and have used it on many of my cards. This colour combo is a new one for me but one I like.  The floral paper is from a series called Lilac Avenue, a 6" x 6" pad of various patterned and embossed pages.  Available from Sharon Johnson another great US SU card maker from 'No Time to Stamp'.  The pad is a great size for cards as there is very little wastage.  The wider grosgrain ribbon with a lightly tied knot almost resembling a rosebud adds another dimension to the card.  The three window panels are DSP mounted on Chocolate Chip.

Hope you like it.  Keep smiling.....Ann

RECIPE:
Stamps:  Sincere Salutations
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Whisper White, DSP
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  5/8" so saffron grosgrain ribbon, pearls, butterfly
Tools:  Big Shot machine, swiss dots embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. Be sure to link your commment to your blogger profile or leave your email so I can reply to you.